•3/4 C raw walnuts
•7-8 pitted dates
•1 Tbsp hemp seeds
•1 Tbsp flaxseed meal
•1 tsp chia seeds
•1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
•1/4 cup gluten-free rolled oats* (omit or substitute to keep truly raw)
•1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
•1/2 tsp Macao powder (optional)
•1 pinch sea salt
•1/4 cup unsweetened cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
•2 Tbsp cacoa nibs
•3 Tbsp roughly chopped dried fruit (e.g. bananas, cherries, or blueberries)
•1 tsp vanilla extract (or half this amount in vanilla powder)
1. To a food processor (which will work better than a blender), add nuts and pulse a few times to roughly chop. Then add dates and pulse about 5 times to loosely combine.*soak dates in warm water for 20 minutes if they are hard or dry, this will help with chopping in processing
2. Add remaining ingredients and pulse to combine. The mixture should resemble a chunky granola.
3. At this point, you could add extras such as; dried fruit or vanilla extract.
4. Enjoy as is, on top of coconut yogurt, or with dairy-free milk! I added plant protein powder to coconut yogurt, topped with berries and this granola…YUM!
5. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 weeks. Transfer to the freezer for longer-term storage (up to 1 month)
Tip: for added protein/essential vitamins & amino acids…
Mix 1 scoop Life Protein with 1/2C yogurt of choice (I use coconut vegan yogurt) then top with your choice of fresh fruits and the Raw Granola!